The Toddler Guide reports to the Lumin Bachman Lake Community Classroom Supervisor and leads a Montessori classroom for children ages 18 months to 3 years.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
MUST be eligible to work in the USA
• Conduct high-fidelity Montessori Toddler class for 8 children
• Observe and coach respectful interactions with children and demonstrate methods of positive discipline, redirection, structured choice, and healthy communication.
• Create and maintain environment and implement curriculum so as to:
▪ Develop secure relationships with children and encourage trust and emotional security;
▪ Provide opportunities for sensory and motor exploration;
▪ Encourage self-awareness, autonomy, and self-expression;
▪ Support children’s emerging communication skills;
▪ Encourage the development of gross and fine motor skill and;
• Maintain close, frequent, and effective communication with parents, and encourage parents’ participation in their children’s education through observation, volunteering, and participation.
• Supervise indoor and outdoor play areas to monitor children’s safety.
• Maintain required records and minimum standards for licensed childcare centers.
• Provide two parent-teacher conferences per year for assigned students.
• Must be Montessori certified in Assistants to Infancy (AMI).
• Knowledge and experience in child development and early childhood education; principles of child health, safety, and nutrition; and adult learning principles.
• Respect for cultural, ethnic, socio-economic, and linguistic diversity.
• Ability to build relationships of trust and respect with Lumin staff, children, and parents.
• Experience working with infants and toddlers.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Must be motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Must demonstrate a positive attitude.
This position requires the ability to perform the following job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodations: kneeling, bending, sitting on the floor, pushing, pulling, running, jumping, mopping, dancing, sweeping, singing, standing, twisting at the waist, raising arms above the head, rising from kneeling/sitting position, and lifting/carrying children up to 5 years.