Marin Horizon School
Mill Valley,CA, usa
Marin Horizon School (Mill Valley, CA) is a progressive, Toddler–8th grade Montessori-inspired school of about 300 students. The inquiry-based curriculum focuses heavily on hands-on, collaborative learning in order to develop students’ academic and social-emotional skills. The school views character education and self-advocacy as integral to growth in and out of the classroom and acknowledges diversity, equity, and inclusion as necessary elements of a strong community.
Marin Horizon School seeks a dynamic experienced teacher to provide quality, nurturing care to toddlers (ages 2-3). In addition to experience working in early childhood education programs, the ideal candidate has completed 12 early childhood education credits or is working toward completion.
Curriculum, Materials, and Classroom Management
● Plans each day’s activities to provide children with a variety of experiences and opportunities that allow them to develop curiosity, initiative, problem-solving skills, and creativity, as well as a sense of self and a feeling of belonging to the group
● Provides structure, guidance, and support for assistant teachers
● Meets with parents and guardians to discuss their child’s progress
● Completes timely, neat, accurate documentation of screenings, assessments, individualized plans, attendance, inventories, and other documentation as may be deemed necessary
● Maintains an open line of communication with parents, communicates regularly, and provides appropriate information
● Maintains a safe, clean, care-giving environment, practices good personal hygiene and handwashing, and assures the well-being and safety of all children in the environment
● Assists in the development of and participation in school functions, including but not limited to open houses, orientation meetings, parent education, and school-wide activities
● Prepares documents and reports necessary to facilitate parent-teacher conferences or other meetings requested by parents or school administration
● Three years of experience in an early childhood program serving infants and toddlers
● Must have a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential for Infant and Toddler Caregivers or equivalent credential that addresses comparable competencies; or must obtain the credential within one year of employment as an Infant and Toddler (I/T) teacher
● Must have (or be willing to obtain) training and experience necessary to develop consistent, stable, and supportive relationships with very young children
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the name of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.