The Miami Montessori School in Troy, Ohio, is searching for a lead teacher at the Early Childhood level for the 2024-2025 school year and beyond. Well equipped with a full complement of quality Montessori materials, The Miami Montessori School has served students in Ohio’s Miami Valley since 1979. Situated in a small community twenty minutes north of Dayton, the school is housed in a building specifically designed for Montessori instruction. Come here to work in an authentic Montessori learning environment with engaged children from all over the region and the world. Stay for the small town atmosphere and low cost of living.
We are looking for an individual who:
• is committed to the education of young children and dedicated to the Montessori philosophy.
• can create an environment that helps students meet their full potential and encourages a love of learning.
• fosters independence and curiosity in children and allows students freedom within limits.
• has keen observation skills to guide students to appropriate activities that meet their interests and learning needs.
• models kindness and respect for others.
• communicates with parents in a professional, non-judgmental manner.
• can collaborate with and support staff members.
• maintains confidentiality of records, parent/child matters, and school business.
• Job type: Full-Time (academic year); includes health insurance, paid time off, tuition discounts, and professional development opportunities. Salary commensurate with education and experience.
• Requires HS diploma, bachelors degree preferred.
• Must have appropriate MACTE certified Montessori credential or be willing to get certification within 2 years – we will pay for the right candidate to get certified.
• Must be currently eligible to work in the United States.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter outlining your educational background, experience, interest, and exposure to Montessori methods to email@example.com