Primary All Day Montessori Lead teacher
Greene Towne Montessori School, located in Center City, Philadelphia, is dedicated to providing a stimulating learning environment for children ages 18 months through 6 years, consistent with the values and principles developed by Dr. Maria Montessori. Fully accredited by the American Montessori Society, Greene Towne Montessori School instills in young children an understanding of learning as a personal process, a sense of agency in building self and community, and the joy of possibility.
Greene Towne’s “All-Day Montessori” program was created specifically for students and their families who look for care beyond the typical school day and calendar. The extension of our classroom environment builds a unique community specifically set-up for children who stay at school all day. The All-Day Montessori classroom with fewer transitions during the day gives the children consistency of place, teaching staff and activity with the same Montessori philosophy and teaching methods, and designed to meet the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual development of children as all our programs. Families have options to enroll for 9 months or 12 months. Children are guided by morning and afternoon teaching teams, with program hours from 8am-6pm.
Now in its 55th year, Greene Towne has just announced plans to expand and consolidate its two campuses with a move into a new facility in its Logan Square neighborhood this fall. The three-floor building and expansive roof playdeck will allow the school to come together as a unified campus with spacious classrooms specifically designed and outfitted for our program.
Greene Towne Montessori School values diversity as part of its mission, provides equal employment opportunity, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin, disability, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Primary Lead Teacher: All Day Montessori, 7:45am-4pm, 12 month position
● Greene Towne Montessori School is seeking Montessori certified candidates for the position of a Primary Lead Teacher for its All Day Montessori Program. The Primary Lead Teacher will plan and deliver exceptional Montessori instruction to 3-6-year-old students, provide a nurturing and caring space for students and a well-managed classroom environment. This person would also be able to supervise and train the Co-Teachers and meet with them to discuss classroom work and goals, develop lesson plans along with maintaining daily records of children’s activities and progress, have excellent communication skills both in written form and in speaking, and have regular, proactive communication with families throughout the school year.
● Qualifications: Montessori Early Childhood Certification, 4-year college degree or higher, two or more years of experience in leading a Primary Montessori environment. Greene Towne Montessori School is seeking individuals that have a love for children, possess a growth-mindset, are organized self-starters, are a team player and are flexible and sensitive to the needs that arise in the life of an active school. Experience with Transparent Classroom and Google Suite helpful.
● Benefits: Competitive compensation. Health, dental & vision insurance. Six school weeks of vacation. Retirement plan and term life.
● Community: Greene Towne Montessori School’s mission to develop each child’s full human potential—emotionally, academically, and socially—and to foster a life-long love of learning. Our programs aim to meet the diverse needs of the children and families we serve (60 Toddler & 140 Primary students). Our urban location allows us to take advantage of Philadelphia’s cultural and educational opportunities.
● To apply: Email letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references, to Montessori Director/Dean of Faculty Ms. Chris Booth: firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Deadline: 6/01/22. Position start date: August 1, 2022. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.