Winfield Children’s House is seeking a teacher with a Montessori 0-3 credential to Co-Lead one of our Toddler Classrooms.
The position requires an experienced, nurturing, conscientious teacher to work with children 16 months- 3 years. The successful candidate should be inspired to teach, organized, self-directed, good writing skills, and enjoy being part of a team.
Winfield is located in Falmouth, Maine. Recently celebrating its 30th anniversary, Winfield serves approximately 100 students from 16 months- 6 years. We have two Toddler and four Early Childhood classrooms. Winfield has a full-time Outdoor Educator and Art teacher on staff.
• Develop schedules and routines to ensure adequate activity, rest, nourishment, and discovery
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with students, parents, and coworkers
• Communicate with parents on students’ growth and progress
• Maintain the health and safety of all students
• Prepare the classroom environment for optimal learning
• Attend meetings and staff development
• An Associates or Bachelor’s degree
• MACTE Montessori 0 – 3 credential, or willingness to attend training (*tuition benefit offered)
• Previous experience working with Toddlers required
• Passionate about working with children
• Ability to build rapport with children
• Positive and patient demeanor
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to work collaboratively in a supportive environment
Winfield offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience. The position is full-time and can be year-round by teaching in the Summer Arts and Sciences Program.