The New Century School is an independent, language-based preschool through middle school located in the Fells Point area of Baltimore. It is the goal of TNCS to provide a safe, warm, fun, nurturing, and highly creative environment that is also culturally and academically rich. The job of creating a stimulating and challenging atmosphere in which children can develop and learn is the shared responsibility of the administrators, teachers, and teacher assistants.
We are seeking an experienced, credentialed lead Montessori teacher for students in the Primary group (ages 3-5) for the 2020-21 school year with a minimum of 3 years experience in the classroom.
Responsibilities and duties include:
– Planning and implementing the Montessori curriculum through engaging presentations and lessons plans
– Creating and maintaining a positive and safe learning environment that will stimulate the students’ intellectual and creative growth
– Establishing and maintaining a record keeping system to track student progress
– Supervising and mentoring the classroom assistants and providing necessary instruction and training for those assisting in the classroom environment
– Promoting good communication among staff members and assistant teachers
– Maintaining open lines of communication with parents
– Being available to parents through written communication and conferences
– Educating parents on the Montessori philosophy
and other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should send their resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with Montessori Lead Teacher in the subject line.