St. Petersburg,FL, usa
Alegria Montessori School is located in beautiful St. Petersburg, FL in a serene natural environment minutes from the gulf beaches. The school starts at age one and goes through eighth grade. We are looking for a middle school teacher for a one year commitment, possibly longer. An intern requiring a practicum site for their middle school Montessori training would be welcomed.
– Supervising and guiding 7th and 8th grade students with developmentally appropriate curriculum to meet their individual needs
– Using effective, clear and respectful communication with children, parents, other faculty members, and administration
– Sharing ideas, concerns and seeking guidance from the director (and Secondary trainers if applicable) as needed
– Creating a safe environment for this age group with appropriate boundaries and expectations (related to both academics and behavior)
– Secondary Credential (or currently in the process of obtaining this) from a MACTE accredited program
– Bachelor’s Degree
– 2 years working with elementary and/or middle school aged children
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive benefits package, including medical, vision and dental as well as a 401K plan with a company match. Salary is based on experience and education.