The Lower Elementary Distance Learning Lead Teacher will be on-site at our Lumin campus in the East Dallas neighborhood while their students will be learning remotely. This position requires an individual who is collaborative and thrives in working with their director and peers to implement a new program in a creative and consistent manner. Candidate must be skilled in using technology to teach such as Zoom, Lexia, and IXL Math.
To apply send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The position is for the 2020-2021 school year and will include guiding Primary aged students (3-6 years), Lower Elementary students (6-9), and working closely with parents.
Conduct high-fidelity Montessori classes for children learning remotely, both Primary and
Observe and coach respectful interactions with children and demonstrate methods of positive discipline, redirection, structured choice, and healthy
Collaborate and work within guidelines established by Primary and Lower Elementary Teachers to support student development and create a program which aligns with the on-site learning program
Flexibility to meet students’ remote learning
Create and maintain the environment and implement the curriculum so as to:
Develop secure relationships with children and encourage trust and emotional security;
Provide opportunities to engage fully in learning at home;
Encourage self-awareness, autonomy, and self-expression;
Maintain close, frequent, and effective communication with parents, and encourage parents’ support of their children’s education while being aware of how remote learning can impact the household.
Skilled in using technology such as Zoom, Lexia, and IXL
Ability to educate parents and students on various platforms using their home
Train, direct, and supervise the classroom assistant to provide the best experience for the children
Maintain required records as required by the Texas Education Agency and Lumin
Provide two parent-teacher conferences per year for each
Other duties as assigned.
• Must be Montessori certified in Elementary, AMI preferred.
• Montessori certified in Primary a plus.
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
• Knowledge and experience in a Montessori classroom.
• Ability to work collaboratively with peers and director.
• Excellent skills in using technology to teach such as Zoom, Lexia, and IXL math.
• Strong time management and organizational ability with attention to detail.
• Respect for cultural, ethnic, socio-economic, and linguistic diversity.
• Ability to build relationships of trust and respect with Lumin staff, children, and parents.
• Experience working with ages 3 to 9 years.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Must be motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Must demonstrate a positive attitude.