Lake Forest,IL, usa
Montessori School of Lake Forest (MSLF) is seeking an Adolescent/Secondary Program Director. The Director will be responsible for leading a collaborative teaching team as well as teaching at least one area of curriculum. Ideal candidate has experience working with Montessori Adolescents, can establish a student-centered, project-based program working together with students and teaching staff.
MSLF is located on 5.5 acres of natural woodland, wetland, and prairie adjacent to Middlefork Savanna in Lake Forest, IL, and has been providing Montessori education to our community for over 50 years. We are excited to be reopening an Adolescent Program (grades 7-8) at our western Lake Forest campus for the 2021-22 school year and are seeking a program director who is innovative, flexible, collaborative, and creative to work with our community as we reintroduce this program to our school.
– Oversee and coordinate elements of an interdisciplinary secondary school curriculum, including a student-run business and outdoor education.
– Oversee and collaborate with team of secondary teachers, supporting their work with students, including regular team meetings in addition to monthly full faculty meetings.
– Communicate regularly with administration to support needs of secondary program.
– Communicate regularly with students’ parent regarding program and individual student needs.
– Develop partnerships within community to enrich secondary program.
– Communicate with Elementary team to create a strong collaboration and connection between the two programs.
– Teaching at least one area of curriculum (Math, Science, Humanities or Language Arts) creating engaging lesson plans, supporting students’ academic needs and evaluating student progress, meeting and exceeding ISBE requirements.
– Preparing classroom environment for secondary students.
– A strong understanding of social-emotional needs of adolescents.
-Desire to collaborate and lead a team of teachers to best serve adolescent students.
-Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively.
– A flexible, organized, creative, problem-solver.
– BA/BS degree
– Secondary school teaching experience.
– Montessori Adolescent Teaching credential from AMI, AMS or MACTE-accredited program or other Montessori Teaching credential and willingness to attend training to obtain Montessori Adolescent Teaching credential.
– Experience leading/supervising others.
– 10 month, full time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
– Salary is commensurate with experience.
– Benefits include health, dental, paid sick time and holidays and tuition discount for qualified dependents.
Please send your resume to Executive Director, Hope Allegretti – email@example.com