Baltimore Montessori Public Charter School (BMPCS) is a mission-driven school in the urban heart of Baltimore City’s Arts and Entertainment District. BMPCS is managed and directed by the non-profit organization, Baltimore Montessori Inc. (BMI), which holds and is responsible for the school’s charter contract. BMI and BMPCS are committed to providing an equitable and inclusive environment that supports the well-being of all students, families, and staff in our community.
The Principal is the instructional leader of the school, responsible for the day-to-day operations and the support and supervision of instructional and school support staff. The Principal represents the school as the instructional leader in the community and strives to create a safe and inclusive culture with high expectations and increased outcomes for all students.
1. Master’s degree in education or a related field from an accredited college or university
Maryland Advanced Professional Certificate with an Principal/Superintendent or Administrator I and II endorsement
2. Five years of administrative and/or supervisory experience, including school-based administrative experience
3. Demonstrated ability to take initiative and exercise swift decision-making, grounded in sound judgment, a calm manner, and understanding of nuanced circumstances focused on an unwavering commitment to the diverse learning needs of students
4. Demonstrated success in implementing culturally relevant pedagogy and ability to support instructional and school support staff in leading a diverse learning population
5. Knowledge of Montessori pedagogy and experience with Montessori education in an urban, public school setting
6. Track record of achieving measurable gains in student achievement resulting from effective leadership
7. Demonstrated success in identifying, growing, and leveraging the potential of staff and teams
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including proficiency in the use of computer applications (including Microsoft Office products), email, and mobile technologies
Salary and Compensation
This is a full-time position with a salary in accordance with Baltimore City Public Schools salary scale. This position is affiliated with the Public School Administrators and Supervisors (PSASA) bargaining union. This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Baltimore City Public Schools and Baltimore Montessori Public Charter School do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax)