The Elementary Teacher reports directly to the Director and leads a Montessori classroom for children ages 6 to 9 years.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
• Conduct high-fidelity Montessori Elementary class for children 6-9 years old.
• Observe and coach respectful interactions with children and demonstrate methods of positive discipline, redirection, structured choice, and healthy communication.
• Create and maintain environment and implement curriculum so as to:
▪ Develop secure relationships with children and encourage trust and emotional security;
▪ Inspire learning, curiosity, observation and discovery;
▪ Encourage self-awareness, autonomy, and self-expression and;
▪ Support children’s communication and collaboration skills.
• Maintain close, frequent, and effective communication with parents, and encourage parents’ participation in their children’s education through observation, volunteering, and interactions.
• Supervise indoor and outdoor play areas to monitor children’s safety.
• Train, direct, and supervise the classroom assistant to provide the best experience for the children.
• Maintain required records and Lumin standards for the classroom.
• Demonstrate short- and long-term planning and preparation for instruction.
• Collaborate with and support fellow teachers and student service staff in evaluation, testing and other tasks.
• Work with and regularly communicate with the Director and other staff regarding progress of students, concerns, and needs.
• Promote an enthusiasm for and understanding of Lumin mission, vision and values with students and in partnership with parents
• Work as a part of the school community, regularly attending and contributing to meetings and other school activities
• Provide two parent-teacher conferences per year for each child.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be Montessori certified in Elementary, AMI preferred.
• Respect for cultural, ethnic, socio-economic, and linguistic diversity.
• Ability to build relationships of trust and respect with Lumin staff, children, and parents.
• Experience working in a Montessori classroom.
• Must be motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Must demonstrate a positive attitude.