Asbury Park,NJ, usa
You are invited to bring your passion, education, and experience to a unique opportunity in Early Childhood Education. Join the founding faculty of a brand-new Early Childhood Center (ECC), opening on the West Side of Asbury Park, New Jersey. This beautiful facility will provide a high-fidelity Montessori model environment for children while building on Interfaith Neighbors’ long-standing commitment to neighborhood revitalization: caring for, supporting, and educating infants and toddlers in partnership with their extended families.
Be the teacher leader you have always dreamed of!
The Pedagogical Lead Teacher ensures the development and delivery of a high-fidelity Montessori model. In keeping with a Montessori teacher leader philosophy, the Lead Teacher will share in daily teaching responsibilities on a part time basis. The Lead Teacher coordinates ordering of materials and works with support staff to ensure that they are prepared to support an authentic Montessori approach for children 3 and under. The successful candidate will oversee professional development planning for the center and for individual teachers, and manage quality improvement activities including accreditation self-study.
• Develop curriculum that meets the learning goals of the ECC and supports the cognitive development of the children.
• Work with teachers to create a supportive, prepared environment for all children.
• Review observation notes and record keeping to support optimal development.
• Collaborate with staff in planning strategies that actively engage parents with the curriculum.
• Collaboratively develop and oversee the implementation of a Professional Development Plan for the Center’s staff and ensure tracking and record keeping in accordance with licensing regulations and best practices.
• Identify educational opportunities to further develop the skills of the center’s staff.
• Stay abreast of new information on child development and share with staff.
• Follow all center policies and state regulations.
• Maintain a personal professional development plan to promote continuous quality improvement.
• Serve as designee for the Director as needed.
• Education Credentials and College Credits and Experience as described in Chapter 52 manual of Requirements for Child Care Centers. Montessori educational equivalent to a Bachelors (full AMI or AMS certification) preferred.
• Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong oral and written communications skills (bilingual preferred).
• Experience leading professional learning.
• Solid time management skills.
• Updated technology skills, i.e., Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and general awareness of, and ability to learn and apply, other software platforms.
• Ability to work well with others and to foster a team environment.
• Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification or willingness to participate in training.
• Must clear full background check (as required by DCF state licensing regulations) and pass health and drug screening.
• Must be able to lift and carry 35 pounds; bend, stand, and sit for extended periods of time.
The successful candidate will enjoy Interfaith Neighbors’ generous benefits package that includes but is not limited to medical, dental, and vision coverage, participation in a 401K retirement savings plan, and tuition assistance.
Apply at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScY7-scwJ2i-KD4x7dE49KNvnt19Wn62CaOJKjMj2u6C4THeQ/viewform