Community Montessori School (CMS) of Lexington, KY is seeking a Primary Guide to join our growing community for the 2022-2023 school year (start date of August 1, 2022).
CMS offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience. Our benefits package includes health insurance, paid vacation time and major holidays, paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement, professional development opportunities, and child tuition discounts.
Our ideal candidate:
• Holds an AMI diploma and has previous teaching experience (non-AMI diploma and current trainees will be considered)
• Is dedicated to the growth and development of the children that are within their care
• Values a collaborative environment and desires to be an active part of the school community
• Has a growth mindset and values opportunities to develop as an individual and within our community
• Believes in the value of a Montessori education and is willing to work with a diverse classroom
• Possesses a strong work ethic, organizational skills, and good time management
• Is a strong communicator and partners with administration when support is needed
Established in 1970, we are housed on 13 acres within the heart of Lexington and service students from 18 months to 15 years (8th grade). Our facility includes opportunities for all age groups to experience our playgrounds, restored stream, wetlands, orchard, compost, crop/flower gardens, rain garden, green house, chickens, and the labyrinth.
Our mission is to create an educational environment and experience that allows each child to fully develop into their unique potential. We strive to fulfill this mission through strict adherence to the Montessori method by following the Association Montessori Internationale policies, standards, and certification process.
Visit our website: https://cmsmontessori.org/ and send your resume and cover letter to our Head of School, Nelson Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org.